Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Fade

I need to be okay with old age.

Awhile back, I couldn't stop imagining people growing older.  I'm not terribly good at spatial visualization, but exaggerating/aging a person's looks is, surprisingly, my forte.  Skin sagged, ballooned.  Wrinkles appeared, deepened.

This hearkens back to my first acknowledgement of death.  At the time, I couldn't come to terms with the permanence of another world.

Now, I'm struggling with the multitude of time lines surrounding me.  They still appear and disappear suddenly from my life, but now I can see and imagine the fading.

I want to shake them and ask: "Do you not see?"

But then, maybe they do see.  And there's nothing to be done.

And it's okay.





Today's image borrowed from The Bouletcorp: Darkness

1 comment:

  1. "And there's nothing to be done. And it's okay."

    Agreed.

    ReplyDelete