Thursday, June 9, 2011

Breaking Silence, Dance Without You

Empty Large Pinkberry container, gentle zephyr, and Skylar Grey growling.

Twitter creates a clear and concise channel of communication with people that I have a vested interest in.  In the past, updates from your favorite people were few and far between.  Sometimes, I fall in love with static art and become completely crestfallen when years later, I happen to hear them speak or meet them live.  It might not even be their fault.  For now, I just want to know them better.  And preferably before the investment/obsession sinks in.

I made a metal bird for sculpture once.  Sifting through Home Depot for just the right gears, bolts, and sheets of metal was...empowering.  They say that sometimes to make the final product appealing, you have to take away choice and clutter.  With a limited palette, the direction becomes easier to sharpen.  As I limited myself to certain alloys and shapes, I wondered about the universe.  Are we the product of subtraction and clear direction?  If there is no form, there should also be an ultimate form, right?

"How can I make history with your choreography,
Take your hands off me, take your hands off me,
Before I suffocate


I wanna dance without you,
I want just let me lose myself, lose myself,
I wanna dance without you,
I want just let me lose myself, lose myself for life,
Let me lose myself."


- Skylar Grey, songstress formerly known as Holly Brook 



2 comments:

  1. It has been proven that the more choices we have, the less content we are with the final outcome...no matter how good that final outcome is. So, perhaps, cutting the clutter really is the best way to pursue life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your blog is about to be taken off my bookmarks toolbar.

    ReplyDelete