Monday, May 4, 2009

Princess Polly Ponderosa Penelope Peachfuzz

I'm currently reading "To Sail Beyond the Sunset - The life and loves of Maureen Johnson (Being the Memoirs of a Somewhat Irregular Lady)", and the title of this entry is the name of a cat in the book. Wonderful, no?

Also, are song titles becoming easier to forget? I know we've stopped buying albums and checking out cover jackets, but if you take a look at the file descriptions before you download, it takes me considerable effort to match songs with name.

Observations:

-Clubs built in parks seem to offer perks for: fresh air for drunkenness/scenarios for rape
-24 hour noodle shops near clubs are run by gangsters. And they like to put lots of MSG in their noodles.
-At night, the pedestrian countdown timers occasionally glitch and start counting up. I wonder if that's why I hear angry honking in the dead of night.
-There's a chinese/cantonese song called "Top Hits"...and it's a compilation song that combines roughly 40 bridges of popular songs. It takes about 10 minutes to sing the whole song, but it's still a cheap way to save time at a KTV. Sing that one song and get out. Now we just need someone to compile one annually.

Quote:

"We can't reach old age by another man's road. My habits protect my life, but they would assassinate you." - Mr. Clemens

4 comments:

  1. You sound more cynical than ever my old friend, sans the entry title. I'm going to start reading "into the wild" which is hear is sad... over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished "World War Z" which is an awesome book if you're in the mood for dark reflections on humanity and government.

    I'd highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book made me plan out my escape from my room incase zombies ever were to attack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now i'm going on a quote search. This one kind of stuck out at me:


    Lust is easy. Love is hard. Like is most important. ~Carl Reiner

    ReplyDelete