Sunday, December 21, 2008

Eve before the Grind

Today marks the ninth day I've been in Shanghai.  I'm familiar enough with the surroundings now, but I don't think this city will always have something that'll stop me in my tracks and go: "Whatuh?!"

I'm going to keep taking pictures with my handy nokia (talk about brand loyalty) and hopefully remember why I took those pictures.

Exhibit A: 



I believe dad was pointing to some restaurant far far away and saying: "Son, we gotta go eat there."

But I do remember where the picture was taken, and it's scary.  Taking this picture caused me to experience a little vertigo.




And the great engine of China marches forward...




Oh yeah, the financial center where these pictures are taken from also looks like the Death Star!!!




Worthy note: the almond cookies sold at the 95th floor is worth buying. Very tasty.  Also expensive I guess?  My mental currency exchange is still fuzzy.  35rmb gets you two mcdonald meals...but also gets you 16 lamb kebabs.  OR you can get delicious almond cookies.  Yes, get that.

Well, tomorrow is my first day back at work!  This should be fun...I've been looking forward to their cattiness my whole life.

Bring it.










1 comment:

  1. Wow... those pictures are fantastic. I saved the Vertigo inducing one to my hard drive.

    ReplyDelete